CMS takes pride in its extensive patient portfolio, spiralling across the globe.
CMS is well known for providing the safest weight loss results with Bariatric surgery. Over 30% of patients treated at CMS are from outside India. Dr Ramen Goel has an extensive patient portfolio, with patients coming from USA, UK, China, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, UAE, Brunei, Iceland, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, Greece, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, Congo, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka etc.
The main reasons why overseas patients travel to India at CMS for Bariatric surgery include:
- Surgical team consisting of highly skilled surgeons
- Customized bariatric facilities as per patient requirement
- Comprehensive program
- Digital connectivity leading to easy long term follow ups
Tips for overseas patients to get in touch:
- Fill in the Get in Touch form– be assured of a response within 24 hours
- Once you have made your final decision, you can directly communicate with Dr. Goel over Skype/ FaceTime / Call for further clarifications
- Pre-operative preparation includes pre-surgery investigations, pre-operative diet & breathing exercises which must be followed for 1-2 weeks (details are mailed to provided email address)
- Travel Visa – Usually, a medical visa is required to avail treatment in India, CMS can provide a letter to facilitate the visa process by the Indian consulate in your country
- You need to stay for 7-10 days in Mumbai
- If required, the CMS travel desk can assist with airport pickups and hotel bookings
Dr Ramen Goel has been treating patients from all over India. He has worked in some of the largest hospitals like JJ Hospital, Bombay Hospital, Fortis Hospital & Apollo Spectra Hospitals. Patients from Rajasthan, Delhi, UP, MP, J&K, Gujarat, Bihar, Assam, Punjab, Orissa, and West Bengal have been coming for Bariatric surgery to Mumbai with him for over a decade. Dr Goel has also started the Bariatric programs at Hyderabad, Bangalore, Delhi & Goa.
Conceptualized in 2012, TEENS is the first dedicated bariatric surgery programme in India, for children and teenagers. With a surgical team, trained at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, USA, the strength of TEENS lies in the combination of the expertise of Dr Ramen Goel. In addition, a paediatric endocrinologist, counsellor and dietitians are also an integral part of this programme.
Through TEENS, science based international protocols are available for obese children, as these patients require specific preparation, specific paediatric post-operative support, as well as detailed profiling which excludes non-operable cases. Even more than the adults, it is the children who require a positive family environment; an important component for success. Further, regular guidance on bariatric diet, life after weight loss surgery and other related issues on weight loss surgery can greatly benefit the children.